Our info night from May 8th covered the following information:
Greenlight Networks Presentation
Disclaimer: Greenlight Networks is a for profit business. We invited them for an informational presentation at the request of our residents.
A rep from Greenlight came and gave a brief presentation. Neighbors have expressed interest in knowing about this alternative to Spectrum internet. The main points of the presentation were:
- Greenlight is a fiber based internet (instead of over cable line)
- It is consistently fast and does not slow down with average use.
- Addition of fiber can increase your home’s value up to 3%.
- More information is available at the following links:
We discussed various options for replacements of your home phone service. If you’re interested, email us and we can send you the presentation.
Yard Sale Information
See our post about yard sale information.
We are a volunteer organization. All officer positions are up for election. See our Elections Information page for more information. If you are interested in volunteering, send us a paragraph about yourself that we can post on our website. Elections will be held in person at our Annual Meeting on June 11 at 7pm at the Irondequoit Library.
The Town of Irondequoit has published a Windstorm Resources page in anticipation of Sunday’s windstorm. We wish everyone safety during the upcoming storm.
Open in a new tab
YellowJacket Racing is producing a running race called Cupid’s Cup 5K on the morning of Sunday, February 10th @ 9AM, West Irondequoit HS. This notification is to inform the community of affected streets and closures during certain timeframes; local residential traffic may be delayed but will be accommodated. Traffic will be able to cross through the closed areas, so not to completely halt transportation to churches, businesses and homes.
From 8:45AM to 10AM there may be limited traffic on Cooper Rd. During this time local traffic will be controlled at these locations. Setup will take place at the High School starting at 6AM and ending at 11AM. 700 athletes are expected to participate.
The route of the course is described below:
- Start/Finish at West Irondequoit HS.
- Start on Cooper heading north to Hartland.
- Right on Hartland, Left on Frankland Rd, Right on Couchman, Left on Poppy, Right on Pinegrove.
- Right on List Ave, Left on Wyndale, Right on Belmeade, Left on Hedgegarth Dr, Right on Cooper
- Finishing at W. Irondequoit HS Parking Lot.
- Full course map at Map My Run
For more information on the event, please feel free to visit www.yellowjacketracing.com.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and feel free to come out to participate, volunteer or cheer on the athletes along that morning!
Helping Irondequoit Plan for Progress (HIPP) needs your help!
We are looking for additional volunteers for 3 remaining weeks starting 9/24, 10/1 and 10/8. We are also looking for volunteers for next season.
- The HIPP group plants annual flowers in 9 oversized street planters on the north side of the Titus/Cooper Rd intersection.
- Watering volunteers sign up for 1 week of watering between Memorial Day and Halloween, which runs from Monday-Sunday.
- Volunteers receive 8 3-gallon watering jugs in carrying bins from the previous waterer on Sunday evening.
- Volunteers fill the jugs at home and water each of the 9 planters between 3 and 6 times during their assigned week, depending on weather
- When they finish their turn on Sunday, deliver the watering jugs to the next volunteer on the schedule.
Interested parties should send me an email; Diane Zaccarine, firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide them information