YellowJacket Racing is producing a running race called Cupid’s Cup 5K on the morning of Sunday, February 10th @ 9AM, West Irondequoit HS. This notification is to inform the community of affected streets and closures during certain timeframes; local residential traffic may be delayed but will be accommodated. Traffic will be able to cross through the closed areas, so not to completely halt transportation to churches, businesses and homes.
From 8:45AM to 10AM there may be limited traffic on Cooper Rd. During this time local traffic will be controlled at these locations. Setup will take place at the High School starting at 6AM and ending at 11AM. 700 athletes are expected to participate.
The route of the course is described below:
- Start/Finish at West Irondequoit HS.
- Start on Cooper heading north to Hartland.
- Right on Hartland, Left on Frankland Rd, Right on Couchman, Left on Poppy, Right on Pinegrove.
- Right on List Ave, Left on Wyndale, Right on Belmeade, Left on Hedgegarth Dr, Right on Cooper
- Finishing at W. Irondequoit HS Parking Lot.
- Full course map at Map My Run
For more information on the event, please feel free to visit www.yellowjacketracing.com.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and feel free to come out to participate, volunteer or cheer on the athletes along that morning!